Lysaker, 23 August 2022, American Shipping Company ASA (“AMSC” or the “Company”) announces results for the second quarter ending 30 June 2022.
· Stable financial performance with bareboat revenue of USD 22.0 million, normalized EBITDA of USD 20.9 million and adjusted net profit of USD 3.8 million
· On 12[th] May, AMSC reported an agreement to acquire the offshore construction vessel Normand Maximus and to enter into a long- term bareboat charter commencing in Q4 2022 to a subsidiary of Solstad Offshore ASA
· On 10[th] June, AMSC announced two new multi-year Jones Act bareboat charters with Keystone Shipping Co., commencing upon redelivery of the current charters in December 2022
· Backlog of Jones Act secured bareboat revenue of USD 175.7 million with average weighted tenor of 1.9 years
· Declared Q2 dividend of USD 0.12 per share, supported by the Company’s free cash flow
AMSC CEO, Pål Lothe Magnussen comments, “As our existing fleet remains fully contracted in a Jones Act tanker market that has recovered beyond pre-covid levels, we report stable financial results for the quarter. Two of the three tankers returning to us in December have successfully been rechartered at improved rates and we are actively working with alternatives for the third vessel. In addition, we are excited about the announced acquisition of Normand Maximus, which we believe will be an accretive and valuable addition to our fleet. The current momentum in the offshore services market is strong and the outlook promising which makes us confident in the long-term potential for Normand Maximus.”
The full report is attached, along with the second quarter presentation.
Pål Magnussen, Chief Executive Officer
+47 24 13 00 04
Morten Bakke, Chief Financial Officer
+47 24 13 00 87
Leigh Jaros, Controller
+1 484 880 3741
This information is subject of the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.